Promoting your award
Congratulations on becoming Cask Marque accredited! Now you have your Cask Marque plaque and point of sale we would recommend using some of the ideas on this check list to get the maximum publicity from your award.
Use Cask Marque logos
in your marketing by adding to letterheads / menus / local advertising.
- Plan your Cask Marque Award Celebration night. Contact your sponsoring brewery for support and invite regulars for a party.
- Contact local newspapers – invite a local reporter and photographer to the Celebration Night. Use our template.
- Contact local radio station – invite local reporter to the Celebration Night. Use our template.
. We display this on our website.
- Display Certificate of Excellence in a prominent position in your bar.
- Local advertising - ensure your Cask Marque accreditation is referred to in the advertisement and the logo included.
- Advertise ‘Try Before You Buy’ on your beer blackboards.
- Ensure you have adequate supplies of Cask Marque dripmats and other point of sale items. These can be ordered free of charge by calling 01206 752212.
- Tie in the award with themed evenings you run in your pub, eg, a cask ale quiz, steak or curry evening tied in with a special ale.
- Contact the local CAMRA (Campaign For Real Ale) branch to notify them of the award - this will then become an agenda item at the next local meeting and increase custom. Look at www.camra.org.uk for local and national information.
- Regional CAMRA branches need to hold their meetings somewhere every month - offer your Cask Marque accredited pub as a venue.
- Check that your pub appears in the way you would like it on our sat nav, text messaging service and IPhone application for maximum exposure.